Umhauer's has been a name synonymous with quality automotive service in Geelong for over 80 years. The company was founded by Reginald Umhauer in 1928, a small workshop at the corner of McKillop Street and Ormand Road. It then shifted to Sydney Parade and later moved to the Corner of Minerva Road and Autumn Street, Manifold Heights. His son Robert followed, becoming an apprentice mechanic at the business in 1957. The company now has a third generation of Umhauer's. Bob and Jan's daughter Leza and son Kris.
Umhauer's now owned by Kris and Leza Umhauer moved staff, stock plant and equipment into it's current location 157 Fyans Street Geelong, a new three level premises in April 2000.
With Umhauer’s business growing into the 21st century, so too did their client base in Warrnambool, Hamilton, Portland and across the border into South Australia. It made sense expand west and set up camp in the burgeoning eastern corridor of Warrnambool, according to owner Kris Umhauer. Umhauer’s opened their showroom and workshop at the Raglan Parade Warrnambool Homemaker Centre in late April, ensuring their one stop shop for RV, ute, van and 4WD accessories was within arm’s reach of their growing client base. Knowing, too, that Warrnambool is strategically on the Great Ocean Road, at the heart of a vast camping and caravanning territory was an added impetus to make the expansion.
From humble beginnings servicing motor vehicles, UMHAUER'S now service a wide and growing industry of Solar & Power Solutions, Touring & Camping, Towing, Van, Ute & 4WD accessories.
Hence the Company slogan - It all Starts at Umhauers.